May 31, 2011

A Salad and A Oreo Chocolate Chip Brownie

I try to eat healthy most of the time, but boy do I have a weak spot for sweet, sugary things.

I'm happy to report that all those greens and scallions are from my garden! Made for a scrumptious lunch that Scott and I absolutely loved. (And Scott is not usually a salad person so this is a big step, my friends.)

But sadly, I think we counteracted all that healthiness with this sinful treat I made. Oops. :) It's the Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n' Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar! That's right folks, a chewy cookie layer on the bottom, Oreos stuffed in the middle, and a fudgy brownie layer on top. Oh. sweetness. overload.


Quick Salad
Ingredients
  • Romaine or red leaf lettuce
  • Black beans
  • Cooked chicken
  • Diced tomatoes
  • Shredded carrots
  • Shredded cheese
  • Croutons

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n’ Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar
Ingredients
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips
  • 1 pkg Double Stuffed Oreos
  • 1 Family Size (9×13) Brownie mix
  • 1/4 cup hot fudge topping

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
  • Cream the butter and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well to thoroughly combine. 
  • In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, then slowly incorporate into the mixer until the flour is just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. 
  • Spread the cookie dough in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish that’s been lined with wax paper and sprayed with cooking spray. Top with a layer of Oreos. 
  • Mix together brownie mix, adding an optional 1/4 cup of hot fudge topping to the mix. Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough and Oreos. 
  • Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 15-25 minutes. 
  • Brownies are down when a toothpick inserted 2″ from the edge comes out clean or with moist pieces clinging to it. Let cool completely before cutting.
  • To half this recipe for an 8×8 brownie mix, simply half the chocolate chip cookie dough ingredients. Enjoy!
    You can find more insane recipes here, on Kevin and Amanda's Blog.
    Pin It!

    4 comments:

    The Dayleys said...

    What a beautiful salad!! Reminds me that I need to go harvest my lettuce ;) what a tempting brownie too!!!

    stacy marie said...

    I think I just got a cavity!

    I am so impressed with your gardening skills. Awe-to the - some my friend.

    <3

    Meg + Taylor said...

    Forget the salad and go straight to dessert! Holy cow--now I'm craving one of those, thanks a lot Becca ;) Way to go on your veggies though. I just planted herbs this summer. Too many tornadoes this year to bother with gardening!

    Danielle said...

    You are too funny. I love your style. I hope you have a good trip. Your mom-in-law posted about all the festivities happening up her way.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...