October 21, 2009

Cockroaches in the Classroom

When I was a kid I loved making my own terrariums. I remember making one in a big pan and decorating it with all sorts of rocks and leaves. Then, I frantically searched the yard for all the worms I could find. Soooo easily entertained! Well, in class we are learning about living and non-living things and today we made terrariums. I had a parent bring in some creatures but I had no idea she would show up with six hissing cockroaches. The kids had SOOOO much fun but I'm definitely grossed out. I wonder how long these things will stay alive...

Ahhh the joys of teaching.

Celebratory side note: Totally just realized that Oct. 7 was my one year bloggin anniversary. Yay for blogs.
Pin It!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...