March 19, 2012

Rainbows and Leprechauns

I saw this idea on Pinterest, and couldn't wait make these beauties for a St. Patrick's Day treat. Cute, huh? You would not believe how much stress they caused. It proved to be one of the most frustrating things I've ever tried to make. Why is it that perfectly melted white chocolate becomes instantly hard and disgusting as soon as you add food coloring? My improvisational adding of random liquids and reheating the mixtures did not quite do the trick. I was able to get a few shots before they all melted into a nice colorful mess. I think I'll stick to baking. :)

White Chocolate Covered Oreos & Rolos:
aka Rainbows & Leprechaun Gold



Of course, I had to add a photo of my little leprechaun. Luckily, his "lucky shirt" from last year still fit. (As do many of his shorts, thank goodness. The weather is warming up quickly in our neck of the woods.) Anywho, here's a cutsie little photo comparison from St. Patty's Day 2011 & 2012.

It's true. He really is growing up.
Pin It!

1 comments:

Heather said...

I know exactly what you mean with the whole 'perfectly melted white chocolate becoming instantly hard and disgusting as soon as you add food coloring.' It's sooo annoying and frustrating! It looks like the oreos turned out good though - they are super cute!!
Landon is so precious! I can't believe how much he has grown. Time sure does fly.

PS: I'm so excited for this weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...