December 11, 2011

Rockin Around the Christmas Tree (Ornament Crafts!)

Have I mentioned how much I love Christmas?!?! Decorating the tree was so much fun with Landon's help. I made some cinnamon applesauce ornaments, and he thought they were cookies for him. I also started to make a popcorn chain and he decided to eat that too. Not sure what I was thinking, trying to put edible things that he likes on the tree.

Landon always makes sure the lights are on. I'll turn them off during the day, but sure enough, as soon as he notices, he'll plug them right back in. That's the spirit, dear.




As mentioned, I made a few ornaments to add to our tree. Here's what I did for the two pictured:

Orange Slices
  1. Preheat oven to 225.
  2. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
  3. Place the orange slices on the sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon.
  4. Bake for about 2 hours.
  5. Hot glue a cinnamon stick to the top.
  6. Poke an ornament hook into the orange and hang it on the tree!
Cinnamon Ornaments
  1. Mix together about 1 1/2 cups applesauce, 2 cups cinnamon, and a tsp each of cloves, ginger, and allspice.
  2. Roll out and cut into shapes with cookie cutters. 
  3. Use a straw to make a hole for hanging them.
  4. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 150 degrees for 1 hour, then bake them directly on the oven rack for another hour and a half. 
  5. Let them cool before hanging. Enjoy the heavenly smell in your home. :)
Pin It!

2 comments:

Jamie Blake said...

those ornaments look beautiful, and I'm sure they smell delicious. That's something I'll have to try someday! :)

Meg + Taylor said...

I love your tree!!! You are always so crafty :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...