April 1, 2011

Spoiled Indeed

On my 24th birthday...

Landon let me sleep in till 6:45.

I woke up to colored post-it notes all over the house with silly and random expressions of love.

Scott cooked me a big ol breakfast with thick slices of french toast on actual french bread.

Landon surprised me with a new diaper bag. It is THE BEST diaper bag! All you mamas out there looking for the perfect one - this is it. Mine is the Emma (large size) and you can visit the Etsy seller's site here to check them out. Could double as a baby carrier?

Landon and I stuck our tongues out at each other for some giggles.

We headed north for a surprise visit to.... the ZOO! I had been wanting to go to Hogle Zoo FOREVER and thankfully it was a perfect day for it. Scott knows just how to make my day. :)

Landon loved looking at the animals (but mostly the other children).

This guy was HUGE.

We went to Red Robin for lunch and got my free Bonsai Burger and Mile High Mud Pie. YUM.

We also went across the street to the "This is the Place" Monument (since it happened to be right there.)

We got a free car wash and vacuum ($10 value!) and free cookie dough from Papa Murphys because it was my birthday.

We settled down at home (after an eventful and fun afternoon) for the unwrapping of gifts. Landon occupied himself at the AC vent. He kept running his hand up and down it and laughing at himself. As you can see, one of his newest things is pointing at everything.

AAAAANNNNNNNNND, Scott surprised me with this........

OH MY OMG. Don't worry, I'll post picts of my 6 year old tank of a laptop that is way past it's retirement. Landon, this is NOT YOUR TOY.

We ate some cake and my fav coconut hazelnut ice cream before bed.

Best. Birthday. Ever.
Pin It!

10 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day with your guys!

Alicia said...

looks fun, happy (belated) birthday!

stacy marie said...

holy cool! the birthday bar has been raised :)

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like a wonderful day. The ice cream sounds so yummy. What brand is it?

I hope your next year of life is better than ever.

The Winns said...

Danielle - Thanks! The ice cream brand is Luna and Larry's Organic Coconut Bliss. It's made from coconut milk, flavored with chocolate, chunks of hazelnut and strips of fudge. It is the best non-dairy ice cream! So far, I've only been able to find it at Good Earth Natural Foods.

Heather said...

Oh my heck!!!! I was so excited for you to get the mac!! I almost said something about it while we were there. I'm glad you had a super awesome birthday- it sounds like it was amazing!
Love Uncle Heath

Scott and Becca said...

haha Heath - if you would have mentioned something I'm pretty sure Scott would have killed you! That day I checked the mail and got something from Wells Fargo. I didn't open it until the next day, but it was the credit card statement for the mac. If I had opened it on my bday, well, that would have sucked.

Unknown said...

Oh man Scott would have definitely killed me! Thank goodness you didn't open the mail cause Scott would have been so sad.

Meg + Taylor said...

Happy (late) Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are spoiled! That sounds like such a fun day. And a new computer? Lucky!!!!! Just when I thought Scott couldn't get any cooler, he proves me wrong! Miss you Becca! Landon is still as cute as ever :)

Leanna said...

Woah. Wait. Hold the phone. HAZELNUT ICE CREAM? How come I have never heard of such a thing? It sounds AMAZING. Where do you buy it? Is it everywhere but I just haven't seen it because I wasn't looking for it? lol

Oh yeah and happy late birthday. ;-) j/k I'm so glad you had a good one! It looks like you got spoiled. =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...