January 24, 2011

Jumpin on the Bandwagon

A friend of mine brought up a really good point on her blog. Most of what we post is the good, great, and fantastic things that are happening in our lives. This will obviously not give an accurate representation of what our lives are really like: usually mundane, uneventful, routine, etc... Someday I am going to actually get my blog published and when I do I want it to accurately portray my life. I'm going to try and be better about posting more than just the great adventures of the Winns, but hopefully not drown you in boredom at the same time. What a challenge! (Thanks Courtney for mentioning this on your blog!)
So, here are a few of the mundane things I go through each day...

Feeding Landon: This was his first try eating beets. I make all his baby food and this was the first time I've even bought beets. I'm pretty sure they are in my top 10 list of the most disgusting foods. I was thinking Landon would agree and make some cute scrunched up face when he tried them, but nope, he just wolfed them down with no expression at all. (As a side note, he usually is wearing clothes and a bib when I feed him but since beets stain I didn't want to take any chances.)Shopping: Going anywhere with Landon is such a production. First of all I have to strategically time my trip between nursing sessions and naps and that window is very small indeed, especially when you figure in driving time and the time it will take to actually do the shopping needed. I must make sure his diaper bag/my purse is stuffed with all the provisions necessary in case of poo-outs, boredom, sudden onsets of hunger, etc... And I have to know exactly what I need to get. No more dilly-dallying around, that's for sure. Ah, I remember when shopping used to be such a fun, relaxing pastime. 'Tis life.
Pin It!

16 comments:

Jamie Blake said...

I'd love to read your blog still!
joyfuljamieanne@gmail.com

Meg + Taylor said...

That really is a good idea writing about the usual, everyday things that makes up the majority of our lives. Traveling and big announcements are such a small part.
Anyway, here's my email address:
megandicou@gmail.com

Stephanie said...

Yeah I want to keep reading your blog too! I love reading about cutie Landon :)

email: steph77p@gmail.com

Chris said...

I want to keep reading!

chris.vandam13@gmail.com

Alicia said...

I've never commented on your blog before, but I enjoy reading it and would like to continue :)

aligreen@juno.com

Courtney said...

I am glad that you enjoyed my last post. It is something I'm really going to try to work on and I am glad you want to try too. I am glad you posted about shopping. I guess I never thought of it being hard to bring a baby along. Man will I be in for a surprise. I love to mosey around.
My e-mail is court.k.mattoon@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

would love to keep reading

sam.clarinet@gmail.com

Brent and Nicole said...

Thanks for the comment on how to go private. Better safe than sorry, right? My e-mail is bennett.nicole@gmail.com

Bryan and Carolyn Turnage said...

Add me!!!!
carolyn.turnage@gmail.com

JennyLeighP said...

jlbp44@hotmail.com

Maggie said...

Y'all are too cute!!!
maggie.woodman@gmail.com

The Cunninghams said...

mitzi.cunningham@gmail.com

I enjoyed reading about the mundane things.:)

AndreaBai said...

I love reading your blog!

andreabai.mccann@gmail.com

Jamie Freeto said...

Hey Becca! We don't talk very often (and goodness knows I don't even get online very much anymore) but I love reading your blog!!

Flygurl624@aol.com

Jamie

Danielle said...

If your blog isn't just for family, I'd love to keep up on your happenings. When I read about your life, it reminds me of mine when I taught and then started my family.
We'll miss you but wish you the very best in Orem. Your little guy is so cute, especially with the messy hair.
dotsgal@rfburst.com

Jami said...

Totally understand going private! (jamijoy@gmail.com)

Man, I hate shopping as it is. I can only imagine how much worse it will get. :) You are incredible to pull it off so successfully.

He sure is a handsome little guy. Every picture makes me feel happy and gooey inside.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...