October 12, 2010

He's Rollin! And An Amazing Peach Pie!

(Landon will be four months old tomorrow!!) As of the first of October, he has figured out how to roll over from his back to his tummy. He does it every time I lay him on his back. He's never trying to grab for anything, I think he just really likes to be on his tummy. He even does it while I am changing his diaper or clothes... which can make quite a mess, say, if he happens to pee right after rolling over and I don't have a diaper on him yet, and then decides to spit up all over the place too. Good photo opt though. :) I have a great video of him rolling over (along with some really painful ones where he is almost there but not quite and struggles FOR - EV - ER with no success) but I have no idea how to get it from Scott's weird camera format and huge file size to something I can put on the blog. Oh well, here are a few action shots:

Sometimes he gets a little stuck and isn't quite sure why:

In other news, Landon has discovered he loves jumping up and down, being thrown, and standing in front of the fan. Yesterday I went through all his clothes and found tons that now fit him. Here's the little shark bait in his new PJs:
Nothing says summer like peach pie and this recipe from Taste of Home is DELISH. (I have such a sweet tooth and because I can't eat chocolate, eggs, or dairy anymore thanks to Landon, it's sometimes difficult to find desserts I can eat.) After making this I found out Scott doesn't like cooked peaches sooooo I had to resort to eating it all myself. Darn :)
Peach Pie
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 4 1/2 cups sliced peeled peaches
  • 2 deep pie crusts
  • 3 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon butter

Directions
  • In a large bowl, combine sugars; add peaches and toss gently. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge. Set aside. Drain peaches, reserving juice. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt; gradually stir in reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and butter. Gently fold in peaches. Pour into crust.  
  • Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Meg + Taylor said...

First, I love his shark pjs. Second, I'll try to find you some treats without dairy, eggs, or chocolate. Third, how long do you get to go home for? Miss ya Becca!

Jami said...

What a handsome baby. By the way, I only check your blog now because no one else updates theirs :) So thanks and keep them coming!

So glad you liked the pie--and it's okay that you had it all to yourself. Travis is like that with Cheesecake, which I don't mind!

I'm glad you get to go home for a while--how long are you going to be there? Good luck, Scott, in New Zealand!

The Cunninghams said...

CUTE pajamas! I'm jealous you get to go to Oly! Have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...