March 9, 2010

Alice

I have been waiting for this movie to come out forever. My two favorite Disney movies as a kid were Beauty and the Beast and Alice in Wonderland. I love Lewis Carroll's Alice books. Love Johnny Depp. Soooooo, to say the least, my expectations for this movie were fairly high. Too high apparently. Pros: Set design and costume design. LOVED all of Alice's dresses. Cons: Not a fan of all the CG and don't think they needed it half the time - it made for a very strange and video game sort of effect on some parts. I gotta be honest, didn't really like Mia as Alice either. Something weird about her. Random things they added in from the books like oversized body parts - not sure why; then again, it's Tim Burton, he doesn't really need a reason to be strange. Overall: Glad I saw it, but wouldn't watch it again.
Pin It!

1 comments:

Linda said...

Yeah, I agree with you : ) I really loved all the Alice's dress and costumes, but I didn't get into the story that much. My expectation was really high too, so that might be why I was kind of let down. But I liked it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...