January 12, 2012

Ranch Dressing

Yes, I will get around to posting about Christmas and New Years. The problem is, there are so many pictures and it's going to take forever and a half to go through them, edit, collage, and get them all spiffy for the blog. And on top of that, I'm in one of those moods where I've started a million projects around the house and I just keep thinking of more things I want to do as well. Like sewing white leggings for this crazy paint party I'm going to on Saturday. So, in the meantime, here is a nice, easy, {random} post.

Scott is now on a gluten and dairy free diet. (Mmm hmmm, someday I'll post the details about that big change.) In my search for new food options and substititues, I found this killer ranch recipe. Scott loves ranch. This tastes BETTER than store-bought. Dairy free! Sooooo easy! And I know, boooring picture. I was too lazy to cut up some celery and peppers to add to the photo, hence the handful of tomatoes.)




Ranch Dressing
Ingredients
  • 1 cup Mayo
  • 1/4 cup Dairy-Free "Buttermilk" (see recipe below)
  • 1/2 tsp. dried Parsley (or 1 tsp. fresh)
  • 1/2 tsp dried Chives (or 1 tsp. fresh)
  • 1/2 tsp. dried Dill (or 1 tsp. fresh)
  • 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
  • 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
  • 1/8 tsp. Sea Salt
  • 1/8 tsp. Black Pepper

Directions
  • Combine all ingredients except for the dairy-free buttermilk in a medium bowl.
  • Slowly whisk in the "buttermilk."
  • Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.

Dairy-Free Buttermilk
  • Add 1 and 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice to a 1/4 measuring cup.
  • Add enough Dairy-Free Milk to bring the total amount of liquid to 1/4 cup (I use So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk. My personal dairy-free milk alternative.)
  • Stir and allow to sit for 5 - 10 minutes, until milk curdles then it's ready to use!

Recipe credit: Adventures of a Gluten-Free Mom
Pin It!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...