May 29, 2009

So much time and so little to do... wait, strike that, reverse it.

In the past few months we have...

Tiptoed through the Tulips
A while ago we went to a beautiful tulip festival in Thanksgiving Point. Sooooo pretty. It was a blustery day. Like in Winnie the Pooh. That totally reminds me of the Kenny Loggins song; One of my all time favorites.

"So help me if you can
I've got to get back
To the House at Pooh Corner by one
You'd be surprised
There's so much to be done
Count all the bees in the hive
Chase all the clouds from the sky
Back to the days of Christopher Robin and Pooh..."

Here are a few picts from the festival. We happened to go at a very eventful time. There was a dance show beginning just as we arrived at the waterfall theater. That definitely made me nostalgic. Sometimes I really miss dancing. Oh, and we also happened to witness a guy propose. And was a guy playing bagpipes throughout the park.

Shared the Joy
I gave a talk in church! It was about the happiness found in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Ironically, the week before the talk I was having my students write poems about what happiness is to them. I was so impressed with their poems! I compiled some of the things they wrote about into one poem and used it in my talk. Allow me to share because it's just so darn good and I believe that these things are what WILL bring us happiness...

Happiness is playing with my dog, having a birthday, sleeping on the top bunk.
Happiness is glazed donuts, a warm cookie and chocolate.
Happiness is reducing, reusing and recylcing. (You can tell someone was listening during our Earth Day discussions.)
Happiness is a song, getting a hug, doing something right.
Happiness is laughing and having fun.
Happiness is using my brain, my imagination, and being myself.
Happiness is achieving a goal, thinking about the future, and believing in my dreams.
Happiness is having a body, being active, and being healthy.
Happiness is going year sailing with my mom and fishing with my dad.
Happiness is parents staying calm.
Happiness is helping and sharing and serving.
Happiness is the church, having a bishop, and feeling the Holy Ghost.
Happiness is family, the temple, and living forever.

Celebrated the Scholarship
Scott has officially qualified for a full-tuition scholarship from BYU with a GPA of 3.90. He managed to do this while working 20 hours a week and doing his own film side projects, photography and still spending time with me. Amazing! To celebrate the accomplishment, we went out to eat at The Mayan. True, the food was not anything to shout about, but holy cow the restaurant was sweet. For those who have not heard of it, it's like a disneyland ride. Totally decked out as a rain forest with an indoor waterfall and cliff diver shows every half hour. It was way cool!
Shot a Short

Scott was the Director of Photography on a 48 hour film festival project. The crew turned out to have too many cooks in the kitchen, if you know what I mean. But, everyone was impressed with Scott's filming and this has opened up a lot of new opportunities and good contacts. He has also updated his reel with some of the shots from the short, such as the "smoky tango." Check it out on his website!

Chose a Theme
Next year at school every teacher needs to have a theme for their room. The theme should be woven into everything, like classroom rules. I finally decided on my theme and I'm so stoked! The theme is... (drum roll please)... Disney! I'm still formulating all the elements but I can't wait to get started decorating. One of my rules is going to be, "Reach for the stars," (said by Woody in Toy Story). Above the door outside my room will be some cutsie sign that says, "Dreams come true here." Also on the door I want to have that saying as you enter Disneyland, "Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy."

Answered the Call
Scott and I were asked to serve in the junior primary at church. We don't teach, we are just permanent floaters to help where needed. So, after Sacrament, we spend two hours with little kids. So fun! We usually sit with the 3 - 5 year old kids and remind them to listen and be reverent. They are just so cute and say the funniest things.

Settled for the Lesser Choice
We have been eyeballing Death Cab for Cutie concert tickets for a while now. Easily one of our favorite bands, we were hoping they would come to Salt Lake. But, nope, no concert here. Until, randomly we checked tickets again and they added a show in Utah! This would have been a really happy moment except it's already sold out. Grrrr. So, we went with another band. On the 4th of July here they have this big concert at the BYU stadium along with fireworks. Everyone we have talked to RAVES about it. We decided what the heck and bought tickets since Death Cab is out of the picture. The headlining band: Jonas Brothers.

Photographed Memories

This month Scott and I did two weddings; one at the Salt Lake Temple and one at the Provo Temple. The latter was actually for our insurance agent who was marrying a girl that graduated from BYU-I in ECSE. Small Mormon World. Scott has been sqeezing in time to edit the pictures so I wanted to share some of my favorites so far.
Reminisced of Home
Scott recently edited this picture of Olympia. We are so excited because in just a week we will begin our looooong rode trip to visit! Scott's sis Heather is graduating so we will hit that up and we also plan to spend a few days in Seattle and BC. Since that didn't get to happen over Christmas break because of the yucky weather. However, we just realized the passport rule takes effect June 1st. Do I have a passport yet? Nope. That presents a predicament...
Pin It!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...